Warnings and Cautions
A warning represents the possibility of harm to the operator or patient.
• For proper operation, your concentrator requires unobstructed ventilation. The ventilation ports are located at the rear base of the device and at the side air inlet filter. Keep the device at least 15 to 30 cm away from walls, furniture, and especially curtains that could impede adequate airflow to the device. Do not place the concentrator in a small closed space (such as a closet).
• Do not remove the covers of this device. Servicing must be referred to an authorized and trained home care provider.
• In the event of an equipment alarm or if you are experiencing any signs of discomfort consult your home care provider and/or your health care professional immediately.
• Oxygen generated by this concentrator is supplemental and should not be considered life supporting or life sustaining.
In certain circumstances oxygen therapy can be hazardous; any user should seek medical advice prior to using this
• Where the prescribing health care professional has determined that an interruption in the supply of oxygen, for any reason, may have serious consequences to the user, an alternate source of oxygen should be available for immediate use.
• Oxygen vigorously accelerates combustion and should be kept away from heat or open flame. Not suitable for use in the presence of a flammable anesthetic mixture with air or with oxygen or nitrous oxide.
• Do not smoke, allow others to smoke or have open flames near the concentrator when it is in use.
• Do not use oil or grease on the concentrator or its components as these substances, when combined with oxygen, can greatly increase the potential for a fire hazard and personal injury.
• Do not use the oxygen concentrator if either the plug or power cord is damaged. Do not use extension cords or electrical adapters.
• Do not attempt to clean the concentrator while it is plugged into an electrical outlet.
• Device operation above or outside of the voltage, LPM, temperature, humidity and/or altitude values specified may decrease oxygen concentration levels.
• Your home care provider is responsible for performing appropriate preventive maintenance at the intervals recommended by the device manufacturer.
A caution represents the possibility of damage to the equipment.
• Do not place liquids on or near the device.
• If liquid is spilled on the device, turn the power off and unplug from electrical outlet before attempting to clean up spill. Call your home care provider if device does not continue to work properly.